Thread: Help create a "safe" alternative to xbox live for modded consoles

workaround is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ive never played an xbox 360 but im about to buy a banned one for $35. I was wondering has anyone given any thought to the feasibility of creating a safe friendly alternative to xbox live? With over 1 million bans thats a lot of potential customers for a startup and who knows how many others out there would pay for the "safety" of a private/non microsoft server. Maybe this has already been done. if so please let me know. i can think of a few ways it can be done in PC networking terms, but then again i know almost nothing about xbox 360 programming, etc.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by workaround
    Ive never played an xbox 360 but im about to buy a banned one for $35.
    I would, for $35.00? You's have to be an idiot to NOT buy that. Where is it? I will buy it RIGHT NOW!

I was wondering has anyone given any thought to the feasibility of creating a safe friendly alternative to xbox live?
    We don't have to think about anything, do not have to. There are already TWO services out there; XBCONNECT, and LINK KAI, guess Goggle isn't your friend.

With over 1 million bans thats a lot of potential customers for a startup and who knows how many others out there would pay for the "safety" of a private/non microsoft server. Maybe this has already been done. if so please let me know. i can think of a few ways it can be done in PC networking terms, but then again i know almost nothing about xbox 360 programming, etc.
    You haven't look up anything, have you?

Xbox Connect
    http://www.xbconnect.com/
    XBConnect is software that runs on your PC and will let you play Microsoft Xbox/360 games and Sony PSP games with players from around the world. Imagine plugging your Xbox/360 or PSP into a LAN that went around the planet. Load up Halo, Halo 2, Rainbow Six 3 or any other compatible game and you can play with people all over the world. That's what we do for you. You don't have to pay for expensive online gaming services anymore. Gone are the days of being stuck with career modes. If you got a PC, broad band internet and a game console, then all you need is XBConnect. So what are you waiting for? Get XBConnect and get your Xbox, 360 and PSP online today!

XLink Kai:
    The OTHER problem, which you didn't research either was the >33ms PING limit. The Xbox 360 is designed by Microsoft to be incompatible with this kind of software. It will automatically drop connections if the ping is >33ms in system link connection.However a patch has been released to bypass this limit on J-tag xboxes.

This PING limit also presents problems with XBconnect and limits the number of games compatible.

You're going to have to do a LOT of development, and have many copyright infringement problems to make your own LIVE like service, so, GOOD LUCK!

workaround is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks powerslave, i remember xbconnect since the original xbox days, i wasnt aware it was 360 compatable. thanks for the info. and BTW google isnt my friend because it records my searches and is basically the NSA, but you didnt do your research or you would know that. :P
    Im sorry i had to waste your precious time, but i tried to find the information i was looking for on search engines and came up short, thats why after reading your posts i knew you were the high and mighty one when it comes to xbox 360. Once again thanks for the information, ill be sure to use it wisely.......

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

XBConnect is not 100% 360 compatible, there is a handful of games, BUT, JTAGed units are fully compatible with both, with the PING limit changed so everything works the way it should. So, where's that 35.00 BANNED unit, heh heh...