Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW DO I PLAY MOVIES VIA MY PC ON MY XBOX?

imported_Sparky is offline -Hacks Member

well when you try to do it with the unupdated version, it tells you to go to the site and download the patch, as well as the program itself for the pc. so it doesn't make much sense for it to require live, but i haven't checked the site, so i can't really say

\"I don\'t know what weapons will be used in World War IV, but World War V will be fought with sticks and stones\" - Albert Einstein

Matt_UK is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

same with me. i'm just going with what i read, i dont know for sure. :?

well i'd rather judge on experience, but i'm too lazy to try

\"I don\'t know what weapons will be used in World War IV, but World War V will be fought with sticks and stones\" - Albert Einstein

imported_xs2man is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I tried last night, and here is what I found.

I couldn't get my pc to see my xbox. But I beleive that may be due to my switcher as I have disabled all but 1 firewalls which allows media connect to run. But it was late and I couldn't be bothered resetting everything, so I'll try again tonight.

There is nothing that says you require live, but without windows media centre installed on your pc you can only stream music an pictures.

So you'll need windows media centre on your pc to stream video. That is all up to personal opinion, and I dont think I would use that enough to warrant dropping xp pro.

Its up to you though.

Good luck.

When in doubt, neck two, you\'ll have a better night....

I understood that even though it was a local network, the PC must have an internet connection. This is where Live comes in because if you have your PC connected to your 360 with the PC having to be online, the 360 will automatically go online as well.

From everything I have gathered (although, my 360 wasn't recognised by the pc) you need the internet to download media connect and thats about it.

Of course, with the media centre pc you can stream from the internet then stream to the 360. As far as I could see there was nothing that said your 360 NEEDED live.

I spent about 2 hours trying to do this last night, reading up on all the trouble shooters etc. but again, I didn't connect, and I do have live so either way when it does work it'll be alright except without windows media centre I can only get music and photos

well i'm sure whenever somebody that has the time to do this (if i actually get time, i'll do it), and figures this out, it'll be posted to answet further questions

well i'm sure whenever somebody that has the time to do this (if i actually get time, i'll do it), and figures this out, it'll be posted to answet further questions
    Yeah, or possibly raise some, lol. I'm off today so I'll try it again, see what happens.

lol, well i would perfer it to be the first option.

are you gonna try it wireless or with the ethernet cable?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast