Thread: Store Video from PC on Xbox 360?

imported_seekdestroy16 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey, I am wondering if it is possible to store all my music video's etc. on my 360 so I can play it on my 360 aswell?. I found a program that converts all my vids to 360 format though I am still curious if this would be possible.

imported_Sparky is offline -Hacks Member

as far as i know, you can store pretty much anything, but you can't watch videos, viewing pictures and listening to music is a whole different thing though

\"I don\'t know what weapons will be used in World War IV, but World War V will be fought with sticks and stones\" - Albert Einstein

imported_Guest Guest

You can watch STREAMING videos with the Media Center PC right? I just do not think you can watch stored videos om the 360; unless you can make them the same format as the downloadable trailers, because they are stored video.

imported_Pinkey is offline -Hacks Newbie

If you are watching streamed video, I think you can use the record button on the remote. But I think it is for streaming live tv only.

imported_Guest Guest

The Xbox360 won't know WHAT you are streaming, be it LIVE video from the PC, or a file. If you can press RECORD, and it stores the stream on the Xbox, then it should not matter. All videos being sent to the xboxd must be ib it's WMV format. There is an ON-THE-FLY program that converts just about any codec while playing, to the Xbox360's codec for viewing. The only difference would be if the TV streamign is not from a file type buffer, and is just a straight stream from your TV tuner card, to the Xbox360 without any buffering.