Thread: How to copy music from 360s HDD to memory stick?

imported_Camel is offline -Hacks Veteran

Is it possible?

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

I don't think so...

troy2000 is offline -Hacks Ninja

It should be possible, but you would need a way to connect your 360 HDD to PC. I'm pretty sure your 360's audio rips are not protected.

OK, so using the XB360, NO, but if you have Xata or Xport you can put them on the PC, then to the memory stick.

imported_Camel is offline -Hacks Veteran

Thanks guys I will look and see how much they cost.

lopex is offline -Hacks Newbie

It apparently depends on the device. My MP3 player will play thru the 360, but I can't get music from my MP3 player to my 360

Quote Originally Posted by lopex
    It apparently depends on the device. My MP3 player will play thru the 360, but I can't get music from my MP3 player to my 360
    Right, that's true, you need the CD as source to RIP it, or you need Xata or Xport to put them on the HDD, in the correct folder; from whatever is connected or in your PC

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Yeah i discovered you can't put videos on the xbox. That made me mad cause I got rid of my PS3. I can stream no problem when I'm at home but if I take my xbox somewhere, I wanted to take videos too. Now I have this huge HDD and even when I install my games I still have space...

Adders is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by ERIFNOMI
    Yeah i discovered you can't put videos on the xbox. That made me mad cause I got rid of my PS3. I can stream no problem when I'm at home but if I take my xbox somewhere, I wanted to take videos too. Now I have this huge HDD and even when I install my games I still have space...
    Yep, kinda makes the new slims HD a bit pointless, a gimmick to make people go WOW I need that! My 120GB Elite HD is still half empty with games installed!
    When the need arises, anything and everything becomes a hammer!

Quote Originally Posted by lopex
    No, the MP3 player does not play THROUGH the XBox360. The Xbox360 plays the file, through IT'S media player, from the STORAGE DEVICE connected USB, that happens to be an MP3 player. You are making it sound like you can select an MP3 from the MP3 player, press PLAY, and it goes through the XB360, that's not how it works. I have to clear that up, because there ARE people that will think you can do what the subject matter suggests.

The only way you can get MP3s to the XB360 is Xata, Xport, or other USB HDD connection to a PC, and place them in the appropriate folder; OR; you RIP the CD to the unit. This is ALL COVERED in this nice little thing you get WITH your xbox360, it's called a MANUAL!

I still can't believe you people don't read the instructions that come with a device such as this...