Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windows Media Center with Windows 7

wessur is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi,

Recently I've installed Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100 to replace Vista (glad I did it), so I tried to let my Xbox connect with WMC on Windows 7.
    Everything went just fine, Xbox said: ''Downloading... Processing'' then the screen went black and I thought WMC was about to start up.
    Till the Xbox tried to sign in into Xbox Live (I'm banned so I cant sign in) then it said it couldn't connect to Xbox Live and went back to the NXE Dashboard. I tried it a few times to connect to WMC, but everytime it tries to sign in, bummer.. cause I'm banned.
    So the question is.. does this has to do with the new WMC in Windows 7? Or because of the NXE Dashboard, cause now I simply can't use WMC anymore only because i can't sign in. WMC on Vista worked just fine with my xbox 360..

You guys know something about this? or any suggestions..

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Use a dedicated media server like Tversity... WMC is not as good as they claim...

You also have to re-discover the WMC on the new install. Just because you installed Win7, it won't connect because certain IDs change, and so on. You have to remove the WMC in Xbox360, then start over from the beginning. If that doesn't work, then it won't work, use Tversity.

imported_dragon-x is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

TVersity is a good choice, does it support Windows 7? never checked it out!

kaos_king is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    You also have to re-discover the WMC on the new install. Just because you installed Win7, it won't connect because certain IDs change, and so on. You have to remove the WMC in Xbox360, then start over from the beginning. If that doesn't work, then it won't work, use Tversity.
    +1 Ive been stuck getting it going after a format and it was because of this! Doh!

bravo009 is offline -Hacks Newbie

In my PC I am also using Widows 7 and wishing to connect Xbox with WMC. What would be the best suggestion for me to to connect Xbox live? Waiting for the effective suggestion.

Adders is offline -Hacks Smarty

The effective suggestion? heh. Use TVersity, it works fine with Windows 7 and IS the best solution.
    When the need arises, anything and everything becomes a hammer!

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

I like Windows Media Center way more than TVersity. In fact I hate TVersity. To use Windows Media Center Extender all you have to do is be connected to live and your xbox has to be on the same network as your Vista/7 computer. Start Windows Media Center on your xbox and it'll give you a code to enter on your computer. Simple.

Simple , Yes, but I find WMC really really slow, plus my wife can use tversity so it MUST be easy! :lol:

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

You might have problems with WMC if your network sucks. The PC that is running WMC needs to be wired to the router. Extenders can be wireless, no big deal.

Hmm, my laptop that would run WMC is wireless, the xbox is wired in to the router, maybe thats why. still, tversity runs fine with this setup so i'm happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast