Thread: Media Update?

imported_bisky is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi, Ive got an xbox with iextreme firmware (not sure which firmware as I bought it off someone). They never played Xbox live so it hasnt been banned. I also have no intention in playing games online but I do however need the Media update so that i can play xvids on my xbox. So my question is, can I download the Media update without being banned, because I was told that Microsoft can detect xboxs with iextreme these days. the reason I dont want to be banned is because Ive read it disables playing games off your hardrive which i like to do.

thanks for any help,

cheers

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

There is no definitive answer to that, it's a risk you would have to take, though this has been said a billion times already.

Doesn't matter, the XB360 will be hacked wide open pretty soon, they have already started wit the V1 mainboards; go to the HOME page and read about it.

New Features for FreeBoot
    * updated to kernel 8955
    * additional support for Zephyr and Jasper consoles with 16MB flashes
    * support for xD card mod and Cygnos360 V1 added
    * Harddisk authentication disabled - The Xbox 360 will now accept any SATA harddisk.
    * removed XEX signature checks - Execution of unsigned devkit and retail XEXes is now possible. Encrypted devkit XEXes must be decrypted with XexTool(info)(info) prior to use.
    * removed LIVE/PIRS signature checks - The dashboard will now run applications from unsigned LIVE/PIRS containers.
    * extendable patch system - Researchers/hackers can now try new patches easily. Please refer to "src\patches_kernel_8955.S" for more information.

What's Next
    * support for Opus consoles and Jasper consoles with large flashes
    * further removal of security system restrictions
    * easier build process

imported_bisky is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks for the reply mate.