Thread: optional media update on a slow internet line

snap is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi there,

I live in the sticks, (Thailand) I have a couple of non-modded xbox 360, and a windows 7 media center... on one of them I managed to download the "optional media support" via live directly to the xbox... but on the other I can not do it, it keeps timing out, and I have serious trouble even signing in to live... so I would like to find a way to download this update on my pc, and install via USB. I have seen this done on some other updates *fall 2009*.

So, if anyone could point me to a source where I can download these files, that would be cool! if someone also have generic links to other free content, that is available on live, that I can not download since I do not have a fast enough internet line, that would be cool.

Snap

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Can't, you must get them ON-LINE. Take that as the answer, because that's all you have, no if, what, what about, NO, you must be on-line with Live.

snap is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks that is really helpfull :)

But, like I said, I live in Thailand, and there is no local service for LIVE here.. closest is Singapore, and I have tried to connect to all the different 'locale' but still, the lines are simply too slow.. it is not that I am not ONLINE, I AM online... but not fast enough it seems.. or maybe the different LIVE servers in different countries have filters to stop people like me who connect from another country.. so how about you try to give me some real help, or is this forum only for bitching and moaning?

Snap