Thread: Am I the ONLY ONE who wants a GOOD media player?? MKV??

maru487 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have been running in circles trying to get the best method for watching BR, HD, DTS, etc movies.

Streaming converter = LAME
    Converting to WMV = LAME
    Running LINUX to run an elf32 file = VERY LAME

Is it because everyone is satisfied with mediocrity? Why is there nothing that is as good and easy to use as XBMC ???

1. The options are pretty lame. TVersity, PS3 Media Player, DIVX plus with Media Center ALL LAME! Because they use the host computer power, you are relying on whatever power the computer has to give. If you have a lame computer or are running some renderings, etc the stream SUCKS!

Why in the f%^$ would you not want to use the XBOX360 for the processing!!!!???? Its sitting there, doing NOTHING except popping up the ALREADY converted movie. Running at 20% of its full processing. WHY WHY WHY????

2. How about having to figure out this free60.org so you can run CED2911?? What the hell ?? A bunch more crap on top of the crap

3. Is converting the MKV or whatever format you have acceptable too??? What total BS! You download, unrar, maybe unrar again... then convert too?? What a bent and weird homebrew world we live in!

Look at all the useless homebrew apps people have made for the 360, not one capable programmer could make an xex? That you just run like XexMenu or any other normal homebrew.

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO????????

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by maru487
    I have been running in circles trying to get the best method for watching BR, HD, DTS, etc movies.

Streaming converter = LAME
    Converting to WMV = LAME
    Running LINUX to run an elf32 file = VERY LAME

Is it because everyone is satisfied with mediocrity? Why is there nothing that is as good and easy to use as XBMC ???

1. The options are pretty lame. TVersity, PS3 Media Player, DIVX plus with Media Center ALL LAME! Because they use the host computer power, you are relying on whatever power the computer has to give. If you have a lame computer or are running some renderings, etc the stream SUCKS!
    With today's technology, you should not have any problems. I use a 1.6Ghz ATOM 230 CPU in the NetTop I have, no problems at all, while still downloading in the background.

Why in the f%^$ would you not want to use the XBOX360 for the processing!!!!???? Its sitting there, doing NOTHING except popping up the ALREADY converted movie. Running at 20% of its full processing. WHY WHY WHY????
    The XBOX is only playing it, not transcoding it. When using a media SERVER the target machine does nothing but get the data, and has no part in processing any of it. Get AVI files that are compatible, and you won't have an issue.

2. How about having to figure out this free60.org so you can run CED2911?? What the hell ?? A bunch more crap on top of the crap
    How about it?

3. Is converting the MKV or whatever format you have acceptable too??? What total BS! You download, unrar, maybe unrar again... then convert too?? What a bent and weird homebrew world we live in!
    You're daft, MKV is just a container, and would play if the machine would ignore the container. The CODEC is usually H264, which is a compatible codec, but because M$ is so lame, THEY don't allow it to play.

Look at all the useless homebrew apps people have made for the 360, not one capable programmer could make an xex? That you just run like XexMenu or any other normal homebrew.

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO????????
    You need some serious education on this stuff.

My son has a 360, he streams it ALL from my server, and the software I have transcodes on the fly, and he has no issues watching anything. You just don't have the knowledge and understanding....

maru487 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thats the easy, basic, no viruses, perfect computer streaming. If you Googled a few things you would see how many stupid and obscure BS problems that users are having out there.

Even on the MS site theres a huge list of errors that can and occurred for users.

I would love to see what would happen if you obtained any one of these errors.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Fortunately for me, I am VERY smart, and do not have to worry about your or anyone else's errors. When I do get a corrupt file, or invalid file type, I know exactly what the problem is, and use ABC AVI Tag editor to remedy THAT problem.

I do not have ANY problems with the Java Media server transcoding with the Atom 230 Dual Thread CPU. It was made for the PS3, but it now suports XBOX, and 60% of the files need transcoded, because M$ won't open up the codec for mass play.

The ting is, MKV files ARE H264 codec, but the 360 won't play them without on the fly transcoding, or converting.

I use MKV2VOB, that makes an MPG file, that plays on the PS3 natively. My son TRANSCODES those on the fly with little loss. The only thing is, the DTS files he gets no audio.

YOU seem to be having issues, that you can easily remedy with some research.