Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! Samsung HM020GI HDD needed.

imported_Chomerly is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi all,
    I fired up my 360 today and couldn't access my gamertag from the hdd. It's way out of warranty and so i pulled the 360 external casing off and removed the PCB from the bottom of the internal drive and it seems as that there is a resistor which has blown.
    The smell of electrical burning should really be enough to deduce that it's fu*ked but now i need a replacement drive.
    If anyone here, who is from the UK and has a Paypal account, has a spare working hdd and would like to sell it then please pm me so we can discuss a price.
    The model of hdd i have is,
    Samsung Spinpoint HM020GI 20GB M40S
    P/N: 1431J1AYA29210
    Rev. A
    F/W: YU100-06

All of the above information was taken directly from the label on the top of the hdd so if you can match it up as closely as possible then we may have a deal.
    Remember, you must be from the UK and also have Paypal as a method of payment.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

You can only use a drive FOR the Xbox360, you can't just go use another one off the shelf as plug-n-play.

See the information in the MAIN MENU forum.

I realise that but i can use it to recover the data from my own by using the PCB to get mine running.
    As long as i can get the drive to spin then i will be able to recover my data.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomerly
    I realise that but i can use it to recover the data from my own by using the PCB to get mine running.
    As long as i can get the drive to spin then i will be able to recover my data.
    NO, you cannot recover the data.

Having read the post on hdd's i can't see anything that tells me that i'm unable to get back the data.
    I can't categorically say that there is nothing wrong with the internals of the hdd but i won't be able to confirm that until i've been able to get my hands on a PCB to test it.
    Assuming that there is nothing wrong with the internals of the drive itself, i believe that i will be able to copy the data from on drive to another 360 drive so that i haven't lost any of my DLC or saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomerly
    Having read the post on hdd's i can't see anything that tells me that i'm unable to get back the data.
    I can't categorically say that there is nothing wrong with the internals of the hdd but i won't be able to confirm that until i've been able to get my hands on a PCB to test it.
    Assuming that there is nothing wrong with the internals of the drive itself, i believe that i will be able to copy the data from on drive to another 360 drive so that i haven't lost any of my DLC or saves.

Let us know how that works out for you...

If you won't accept the answer given, then that's your time and effort for nothing. Believe what EVER you want, and I bet we won't hear anything from you when you fail, because as society is dictating; no one can admit they were wrong.

It might surprise you to learn Powerslave that i CAN admit when i'm wrong, but i won't be able to admit that i have failed until i have a spare drive in which to at least try and fail, if i will. You seem to be one of those people who are pessimistic by nature and believe that everyone will fail at everything they suggest to try. Almost like the voice of impending doom.
    Do you actually understand what it is that i'm trying to do?
    Before you answer that question i'd recommend that you read through my previous postings but i am willing to read, and analyse, that information that you wish to relay to me. I will ask you one question though.
    Do you believe/know that it will not work because of firmware types on the HDD's PCB or is it something more simple than that?
    Please don't let that one question distract you from answering the other on i had asked previously.

I do know EXACTLY what you want to do; get a 20GB PCB and use it in place of your burned out PCB. Even with regular PC drives, this doesn't work all the time. All you can do is try it, and HOPE...

imported_dragon-x is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Personally it's always worked for me, not Xbox 360 wise but on a normal 3.5 inch HDD.
    If you do get the exact same HDD PCB then there shouldn't be any problem, it's not as if EVERY single HDD PCB created in this world is unique, because it's not, it mass produced with identical hardware.
    So chances are that you have a 95% to save your drive - but that is only if the PCB is the problem.

I've managed to get a pcb to fit my hdd and it works. The only issue i'm having now is trying to get xplorer360 to read the contents but all i get is this message.
    invalid filename size:175 in cluster 1, loop #1
    It's strange because when i hook it up to my 360 everything works fine but when i hook it up to the pc with xplorer360 i keep getting that message.
    Not sure if it's because i'm running windows 7.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast