Thread: Overheating issue need help!

brokenwings666 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Alright so I have an xbox 360 with a bit of a overheating issue. It has the new parts they install after the ring of death occurs or I think so anyways. I'm not exactly sure what you'd call them. Anyways My system has been getting burning hot and not in a sarcastic way either. It's been burning into the covers on my system. Once in a while I'll get a small wiff of burning plastic but rarely. The inside of the cover has black burn marks on it from the systems overheating issue. Once in a while my system will shut itself off out of nowhere or the system will dramatically lag on anything I do. whether a video on my usb thumb stick freezes or the dashboard freezes. Sometimes I have to restart the system put a giant fan next to it for 20 minutes then restart it. I don't have any money to buy those fancy knew fans they have out so I kind of want to fix this issue myself without getting banned from microsoft. I've done alot of fixes on my system on account I don't want to pay microsofts outragious prices for repairs. I just refuse to do so, as well as not having money. Anyways can someone help me fix my overheating issue that wouldn't necessarily need a soldering iron and no money? Thank you.

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Buy an external cooler, or use a regular box fan and point it at the unit. I have done this, opened up the side cover of a PC, and put a box fan in front of it; worked like a charm, till I got a heatsink fan...