Thread: philips-lite on hitachi drive swap

imported_aquah2o is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi all,

i am new to the world of xbox 360 modding .

i recently modded my case and also did a light mod but when plugging the dvd drive back in i put the power plug in upside down . the xbox 360 shut off directly and i smelled burnt plastick , when i looked in the drive i found a few blown capacitors.

i have a spare drive that is a hitachi make bit when i switch them it says that i need to place the dvd in an xbox 360 console .

can i please get some help here on how to get my hiotachi drive working in the place of my old philips lite on DG-16D2S drive??

my xbox is NOT hacked still original . and also NOT XBL banned!!

thx

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

You cannot swap drives just like that. You will need to read the key from your Liteon drive and then flash it over to your Hitachi. However, this will get you banned from Xbox Live. This is the only method you have and it will requires some tools.

If your Liteon cannot be powered up by the DVD power cable, you have a nice paperweight unless your 360 is jtaggable.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

oh boy i am not sure , how do i know if my xbox 360 is jtaggable.

and my philips lite on drive does not react to any thing als the laser does not move or light up

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Your Xbox will only be jtaggable if it has dashboard 7371 or lower. You can also try reading the drive's firmware. If you can, you can save it. If not, it's dead for good. I'm not too sure if you can swap circuit boards and get it going again. Here are all the tools you will need:

http://mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/prod...4e121fc0232e0c

Make sure you include the CK3 Pro and the Xecuter Probe v3. Adds up to $117 USD or 72.38 pounds before taxes and shipping. Then, get the replacement drive from here:

http://www.modtraders.co.uk/xbox-360-liteon-dvd.html

Everything is very pricey but it will pay off if you can replace your drive as everything will work normally and you won't ban your console from Live. And if it doesn't work out, at least you will have all the tools needed to mod other drives, lol.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

All that information is in the FOUR LINKS provided in the site rules.

ok ,

thx for replies but where i am from i cant buy easy online so i will have to improvise, i have found a similar DG16D2S drive and i was gonna try to swap the memory block . IF I KNEW WHERE THAT WAS.

what part of the circuitboard is the key stored in , i will try to swap that part