Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warranty sticker preservation

imported_kami is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'll get my xbox360 soon, and would like to flash the dvd-drive. I'm catching up on all the noob info.
    So I found out that there's a warranty sticker on the front. I read on an other site, how to preserve it.

Il's done by pointing a hairdryer at it(turned on, ofcourse), and heating it up so the sticker glue starts to liquify then to try and remove it with a razor.
    When it's off, place it on wax paper and store it in a safe place, in case it's needed.

I haven't read about it on this forum, so I try to share.

Does anybody have experience with this and tried to put back the sticker?

And what the hell is wax paper, english is not my native laguage so i dunno. And could you just use an old backpaper from any sticker.

imported_Guest Guest

wow... i wish i woulda read this before i voided my warranty... oh well, maybe next time........ i'm sure i'll crack something else open and i'll try this technique.. thanks for the post!

wax paper is something you use when you're cooking... it has a slippery wax coating on it, so if you're making chocolate candy or something, you can put it on wax paper and it won't stick... you can find it in the baking section of your grocery store.......... at least i think so.

Aha, baking paper, I have that. Well i'm thinking to use the backingpaper from an old sticker, that's much slippier.
    thx , 4 that.

imported_Guest Guest

Careful you don't overheat what's under the sticker, keep the hairdryer moving.

imported_MaxteN is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have just tried preserving my sticker by doing what was mentioned above... It worked.. somewhat... the silver part of the sticker behind the Microsoft logo is the actual sticky part of the sticker.. If it gets heated up too much, the silver part will stick to the 360 while you try to remove the sticker.. I have removed it with a razor starting on one side (the side where the M starts), then when the razor got low enough for me to hold the sticker between the razor and my thumb, i just pealed it the rest of the way off... I'd say about 10% of the silver part got stuck on the 360.. but i figure i can use it as a guide when i try to put it back on..

GOOD LUCK!

hamsterlicious88 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

when i opened my xbox my sticker just fell off untouched.... i forgot about it when i opened my xbox i just pulled and it popped off untouched...

hacked psp = bad grades

Just opened my 360 today, took off the sticker without residu, so it works, but you have to be very patient and have a very sharp razor.

imported_Camel is offline -Hacks Veteran

I actually just tried this last night on my friend's 360 and work well the sticker was perfectly peeled.

imported_Will4042 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ill be sure to come back to this thread, thanks guys

Disturbed_Azn is offline -Hacks Newbie

I am going to flash my Hitatchi Drive soon... I hope this works for me... I just an Xbox back from M$.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast