Thread: "Dirty Disc" error

imported_kami is offline -Hacks Newbie

So your playing your game, and all of the sudden you get a "dirty disc" error, and M$ telling you need to clean your disc.

Just play 2 other games for a while, at least 'till the games have saved something.

Now stick in your "dirty disc" and game on!

I had this with my back-up of bioshock, and worked like a charm. I'm guessing this works always.(apparantly this empties your memory)

If not, make sure you are using a premium dvd+dl and a premium burner and let you PC do nothing else but burn your backup.

Good Luck!

imported_Cogs is offline -Hacks Newbie

Can somebody elaborate on this post? I don't get it. Play 2 other games until they have saved something? What does that mean? I don't want to play 2 other games, I want to play the game that's giving me the error!

What's the deal?

Is there some sort of a firmware fix?

imported_kami is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs
    Play 2 other games until they have saved something? What does that mean?
    That means play 2 games until each games has saved some progress. For example : race 1 race in a race games, save 5 min game time in a shooter!
    But You can always pop in the original, works like a charm too.:rolleyes:

kingofdaberbz18 is offline -Hacks Newbie

If i get a dirty disc error i just restart my 360 n put tha game back in.

totolito19 is offline -Hacks Newbie

:rolleyes::rolleyes:my English is not very good, I hope you understand me Erm recorded several games xbox 360 and only 1 of them turned to leave me good, nor so good because in a world tells me that the xbox DVD this dirty oh so grating that clean and then reset the game,,,, all they tell me what game it will be the quality of DVD use or Erm me wrong flashing my xbox 360,,,, but the original games do not tell me anything about that,,, This DVD I use to record the games are "Memorex" these are good DVD or do I have to buy other ????????????:/:/

stealthdf2 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by totolito19
    This DVD I use to record the games are "Memorex" these are good DVD or do I have to buy other ????????????:/:/
    The best DVD for 360 is Verbatim DVD+R DL and some people say the ones made in Singapore are better than the ones made in india or where ever they are from.

Nakai is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yes, you can get more information from a site i recommened.....i am currently stopping over at Singapore
    check out www.hardwarezone.com, it has information on DVD drives and their prices. I will say most of the DVD drives are made in China or Taiwan

RichThugster is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kingofdaberbz18
    If i get a dirty disc error i just restart my 360 n put tha game back in.
    i do this, theres no need to play other games, and allowing them to save makes no odds at all, the drive doesnt like the disc, probably because of interferance during burning

Darcy190 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Or you could clean the dirty disc... Just saying.