Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adding a fan WITHOUT DRILLING into the Motherboard

imported_Guest Guest

IT was not really misleading, it just needed a notation that the fan is in the way of the DVD player. That in mind, how do you put it all back together and get it all working?

ST@TIC29 is offline -Hacks Newbie

well if u look at the last pic thats how i left it, but i will be making a new case for it..

i had a 3 hours of playing gears of war so it works well....

monsterstealth is offline -Hacks Newbie

Anyone know how much room is in between the gpu heatsink and dvd-rom drive? I was thinking this would work with a slim80x10mm fan, along with some ducting to direct the air. Or my other thought was to install a fan on the side of cpu heatsink and have air blowing across that and the gpu heatsink. What do you huys think?

imported_Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by monsterstealth
    Anyone know how much room is in between the gpu heatsink and dvd-rom drive? I was thinking this would work with a slim80x10mm fan, along with some ducting to direct the air. Or my other thought was to install a fan on the side of cpu heatsink and have air blowing across that and the gpu heatsink. What do you huys think?
    There isn't much room at all... Placing the internal fans on HIGH (hard wired) would do the trick, if you can stand the noise. You may also replace the internal fans with higher RPM fans...

ST@TIC29 is offline -Hacks Newbie

on the gpu- there is NO space...not even a cm so it wont work, and a fan that size wont cool it well enough, due to its high performence..sucks i know

cpu... ok there is something i have done already, i bought a 5 by 1 cm fan today and added it to the side of the cpu (the side opposite to the plastic air funnel, with cabel ties), making the air blow threw it..hasnt overheated since

o and a better way just so every one knows is to buy a 12v converter plug so u can plug the fans into the wall basically, this also allows a greater speed therefor more cooling, thats how i hook my cpu and gpu fans up ( after my fucking cpu started to over heat )

o and always make sure the fans blow down onto the heatsinc not away, it helps even more with cooling...

imported_Camel is offline -Hacks Veteran

Nevertheless, this is a good tutorial, I might have to try this sometimes, there must be a way to make the fan sit in there right...

whokid707 is offline -Hacks Newbie

great tutorial, they also sell fans that are easy to install on extreme-mods.com

nineinchnail6794 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave
    RE:DVD drive:

Quote Originally Posted by ST@TIC29
    ya thats the only problem..
    Well, you did not mention that at all dude, that's not cool... I'll have to take that article down, you can't have that kind of problem left over once you add a fan to the mix... There are SMALLER fans, if it were THINNER, would the DVD drive sit where it is? That, or just hardwire your stock internal fans at full...
    and a guest is going to take down his article how??

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnail6794
    and a guest is going to take down his article how??
    Because I am NOT A guest, that was from a PAST instance with a rogue Admin.

The post is still here, and you ring this up almost a YEAR later?

imported_matholland is offline -Hacks Newbie

and again, cptn powerslave is here to be an asshole to everyone..seriously no wonder why everyone hates this board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast