Thread: Problems getting Jump drive into a bootdisk

thinslice is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm using Iprep and when I finish the loading of FW, I end it with preparing the jump drive. But it says my jump drive is currently busy or something and it just copies the files for the FW change onto the drive. Is it possible to copy a 3.5" floppy boot disk info onto the jump drive and it'll work? Thanks

thinslice is offline -Hacks Newbie

How about this! If I were to create a bootdisk to get me to dos via cd-rom. Could I access my jump drive from dos? and run the Iprep program that way?

stealthdf2 is offline -Hacks Newbie

try formatting your drive first and then do the setup all over again. I dont know if u can see a usb drive from dos, only way to know is to try. I tried and i couldnt but maybe cause my drive was over 1 gig in size. I didnt know u couldnt boot to a over 1 gig drive till after i had tried for a week, i ended up using the NTFS for dos boot cd and harddrive method. But to do that u need an extra hdd laying around that u can format and use for the fw instead of a usb drive. If u are using the new version of iprep make sure u find a new guide for intructions cause textbook is outdated and says to use idump but new version uses dsam instead. but u can just run the autoexec.bat file and it will guide u thru the process.