Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 controller led swap

imported_redryno1221 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Over 1000 views Please C&C!!

This is a very easy tut that was made for anyone who wants to swap leds that wants to minimize the chances of messing up...

I am not responsible for anything you do to your controller but will help you if you need it (through this forum)...

Sorry for the crappy pics I have a really crappy camera.

Items you need:
    Torx security allen wrench (find it on ebay(look up xbox screwdriver))
    0603 Led
    Solder
    Soldering Iron (I used a 20 watt)
    Small Pliers

Optional:
    Helping Hands (or a magnifying glass)
    Knife

1.)First get your controller that should look something like this...

2.)Now take out the battery and take out the obvious screws

3.)Then find the hidden screw found here...

4.)After that open the controller from the very tip of the handle (slowly)...

5.)And slowly pick it up towards the Left and Right triggers...

6.)Once uncovered you'll need to remove the rumble motors...

7.)Set the motors aside and hold the charging port and headset jack and wiggle it until the board comes off...

8.)Then set the cover aside and should look like this...

9.)Now remove the joystick grips...

10.)VERY CAREFULLY melt the solder on both sides of the led you are going to swap

11.)After a couple times put very little pressure on one side then the other until the led slowly comes off of the contacts...if you put too much pressure you will completely take the contact off...

12.)If you happen to do this you'll need to scrape the paint off the trace and solder the led on it...

Test it...swap the rest off the Leds and follow the directions backwards to put the control back together and enjoy!!!

Any questions, comments, and Help just post and I will try my best to help...

Here's a couple of my controllers...

imported_dragon-x is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Very nice TUT man!

Thanx

iMotox is offline -Hacks Newbie

Nice tut, where do you suggest I get LEDs from?

uniqueleds.com is a very great site for ordering leds from they have many to choose from (you'll need 0603 leds for the swap), cheap leds, and fast shipping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redryno1221
    uniqueleds.com is a very great site for ordering leds from they have many to choose from (you'll need 0603 leds for the swap), cheap leds, and fast shipping!!!
    http://www.unique-leds.com/

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Dude, those pictures are WAY to big at 1027x768, and take a while to load, at almost 1MB each. Not only that when Photobucket is experiencing load, it hangs the whole post up. This also happens with people that have images in their SIGs that are from Photobucket. Can you resize them (I use Lveiwer Pro) to at least 640x480, which will also takes the size of the file down to well under 100K (54.9k (56k on disc) for that last one), and I can still see what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon-x
    The links do the same thing but ok :|

Quote Originally Posted by powerslave
    Dude, those pictures are WAY to big at 1027x768, and take a while to load, at almost 1MB each. Not only that when Photobucket is experiencing load, it hangs the whole post up. This also happens with people that have images in their SIGs that are from Photobucket. Can you resize them (I use Lveiwer Pro) to at least 640x480, which will also takes the size of the file down to well under 100K (54.9k (56k on disc) for that last one), and I can still see what you're doing.
    I left them at full res so that you don't have to download and zoom in but I would be great if a mod could add "56k Warning" to the title.... :)

sorry mate........ but it doesn't work when clicking on it, u get "cannot display the web page" u should add the minus! - unless you've got some special DNS you're using!

sorry mate........ but it doesn't work when clicking on it, u get "cannot display the web page" u should add the minus! - unless you've got some special DNS you're using!
    Both work fine for me but thanx for changing it anyway........ is the guy in your sig supposed to be a mouse???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast