Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to avoid/get around the new "XBOX UPDATE" 26/05/2011

DavieMan is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by smedz28 View Post
    My apologies if this is off subject at all but I am new to this.......Just had my drive flashed the other week and when first trying to play WWE allstars I had to apply an update in order to play the game, which I did (I don't play online as yet). Since then I have discovered that although most of my games still work, there are 3 that no longer load which are COD - black ops and MW2, nail'd. I assume that even though the update in question was applied throgh the game we are talking about the same system update that would be applied online through xbox live? If so I take it I will need to flash the drive again? also for future reference I do have a spare drive, so in order to get around these updates whether it be via the game or online do I need to flash the temporay drive with the drive key in order for it to work?
    OK this should be in the help section but you will get your answer ,

Unfortunate for you you did the update and you updated your DVD drive , but your in luck as you state only 3 games wont run , this suggests that the ISO ID has indeed been blocked read on .........

The update in question is for multiple things but the main thing for Microsoft was for the DVD Drive to be rest to factory settings which removes your mod (Flash Key) hence why a few of your ISO's have stopped working , most ISO's have a batch code , serial number these codes are on the disk and the code can be stopped , banned so lets take black ops for instance , someone rips the ISO from a original black ops DVD , this ISO has a batch serial code , its uploaded for people to download burned to DVD and works , several thousands of people get this ISO and do the same burn and play , only when Microsoft see this same ID code being played on umpteen xboxes the ISO is banned stopped and will not work any more , EACH AND EVERY ISO HAS IT OWN UNIQUE ID , when this id shows up being played on 100 xboxes then Microsoft act , as they know that it should only be on one xbox not multiple , they will then investigate the ISO to find it on every torrent site you can think of , and the ID is simply blocked and the ISO will no longer run.

So for you to be able to play these games you need to download the latest version of the ISO that has a fresh batch serial code , ID . It will stop working at some point but just download the latest version again.

Powerslave

Hi mate in relation to your query , when replacing the DVD drive it dose not need to be modded as long as your modded DVD drive is removed and replaced all should be well.

Take out the modded DVD drive and replace with a non modded one do not mod the drive at all it will be updated reset and will work fine with any original game after , after the update has been applied to the non modded DVD drive put your modded DVD drive back in and your done.

With the new XGD3 disk format coming up you will need to add the format to your drive for future ISO's , to do this i would advise not flashing the DVD drive in the xbox you use , id use a spare just to be safe.

1000 FAT PEARL WHITE CFW 5.50 GEN-D3 FULL
    1003 FAT PEARL PINK CFW 5.50 GEN-D3 FULL
    1004 FAT PIANO BLACK CFW 3.71 M33-6 / 2000 SLIM MATALIC BLUE CFW 6.39 ME-4

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

when replacing the DVD drive it dose not need to be modded
    After you have removed the original modded drive, the drive you replace it must have the DVD key flashed to it. It doesnt matter whether its running OFW or CFW, the main thing is the DVD key on that drive must match with what the xbox is expecting otherwise the update will fail.

So, if dont you classify flashing a DVD key to a drive as modding then you statement holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by kamenrider View Post
    the drive you replace it must have the DVD key flashed to it

Yes this is true .... but only if you wish to keep the non modded replacement DVD drive , if you do want to keep the replacement instead of your modded DVD drive you will need to flash it with the corresponding key that your xbox requires if you do not flash the DVD drive with the correct key your xbox DVD drive will only say :

PLAY DVD

When you insert any game or disk.

If you only want the replacement DVD drive to fool the update then the key is not required as the DVD drive will be reset and the xbox/update will revert the key to the needed key.

If you only want the replacement DVD drive to fool the update then the key is not required as the DVD drive will be reset and the xbox/update will revert the key to the needed key.
    well i beg to differ. I've tried it myself and it fails with

Status Code : 3151-335A-1380-1E04-C005-3007

Its no suprise it fails because its so easy to, before the flashing of the drive takes place, validate dvd key matches. Why wouldnt M$ do it? Seems a fairly fundamental check to me. I'm glad u're having luck with it but i guess its immaterial now with LT + 1.9

well i beg to differ. I've tried it myself and it fails with

Status Code : 3151-335A-1380-1E04-C005-3007

Its no suprise it fails because its so easy to, before the flashing of the drive takes place, validate dvd key matches. Why wouldnt M$ do it? Seems a fairly fundamental check to me. I'm glad u're having luck with it but i guess its immaterial now with LT + 1.9

It is immaterial now but to straighten things out you are correct you do need to flash your xbox DVD drive key to the drive , this is a small step in which is creating a problem for the xbox recognizing the drive , i do not recall having to do this before but it seems that you must flash the non modded DVD drive with the corresponding DVD drive key for the xbox in question , and with asking my tech guys they have run test after test stating the key is needed for the update to be successful , however as you pointed out this is no longer needed and all who are having problems need to see the person who modded there console as there are new ways to get around this update.

Great. In which case you may want to update your first post to refelect this requirement

Great. In which case you may want to update your first post to refelect this requirement
    Updated , and thank you for pointing that out.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

This isn't required anymore with LT+ 1.9 as kamenrider said.

And from what I know, Microsoft can read the firmware on your DVD drive and the xbox. If they see the version on your drive is pre-update and the version on your xbox is post update, I'm pretty sure you're flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    This isn't required anymore with LT+ 1.9 as kamenrider said.

And from what I know, Microsoft can read the firmware on your DVD drive and the xbox. If they see the version on your drive is pre-update and the version on your xbox is post update, I'm pretty sure you're flagged.
    Do not know how true this is but if it was the case then lets say 30% of my friends list have still not been flagged , you will only be flagged because of people complaining about your profile or if you give Microsoft reason to flag you , and some friends have not yet needed LT+ 1.9 and just for a heads up 4 of my friends who have used LT+ 1.9 have been flagged and console permanently banned , but with that said there is no guarantee that both these methods are 100% secure because we all know there not and soon enough Microsoft will again update the console and we are back to square 1.

Dark Nero is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DavieMan View Post
    Do not know how true this is but if it was the case then lets say 30% of my friends list have still not been flagged , you will only be flagged because of people complaining about your profile or if you give Microsoft reason to flag you , and some friends have not yet needed LT+ 1.9 and just for a heads up 4 of my friends who have used LT+ 1.9 have been flagged and console permanently banned , but with that said there is no guarantee that both these methods are 100% secure because we all know there not and soon enough Microsoft will again update the console and we are back to square 1.
    This still work?

I've been trying to get help on an Xbox forum but them seem to be a bunch of idiots bar one person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2