Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to avoid/get around the new "XBOX UPDATE" 26/05/2011

DavieMan is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default How to avoid/get around the new "XBOX UPDATE" 26/05/2011

OK guys this update is avoidable , if you have a modded console "DO NOT DO THE UPDATE" here is what you will need :

1, A xbox 360 DVD drive (not the one that's in your xbox) This means you need to "REMOVE" your modded DVD drive and replace it , just for now so we can apply the update.

So the DVD drive in your xbox is modded in some way to play chipped games , what you need to do is stop the update getting to your DVD drive.

The links i provide are to show you how to :

1 , Open your xbox

2 , Remove your DVD drive / Replace your DVD drive

Right then , open your xbox360 ... TUTORIAL LINK

" http://www.morehawes.co.uk/open-xbox-360 "

And now change the existing "modded DVD drive" for the spare one ... QUICK TUTORIAL BELOW

Things you will need:

1) The XBOX with the MODDED drive (To be removed)
    2) Torx 10 screwdriver
    3) Torx 20 screwdriver
    4) The new DVD drive (Temp Drive to apply update to)

First, you want to open the xbox up. LINK ABOVE

NOTE: Opening the XBOX will void any warranty you my have on it!!!! IF you're okay with that, go ahead and disassemble the xbox.

Second, you want to use the Torx 10 screwdriver to be able to remove the modded DVD drive. These screws should be removed when removing xbox360 case.

IMPORTANT: ALWAYS GROUND YOURSELF BY TOUCHING SOMETHING METAL BEFORE WORKING NEAR OR ON THE MOTHERBOARD DUE TO STATIC ELECTRICITY. IT CAN FRY YOUR MOTHERBOARD SO BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL!

Now, there should be two cables plugged into back of the DVD drive. The big cable is the IDE cable and the smaller one is for power. Carefully remove both plugs and pull the modded DVD drive out.

Once you have the modded drive removed, but it to one side.

Now you will need to flash your xboxs DVD drive key to the non modded DVD drive so that it is compatable with your xbox if you do not flash the correct key to the DVD drive the update will fail :

How to Find Out the Xbox 360 DVD Drive Key :

http://www.ehow.com/how_5806788_out-...drive-key.html

How to Change the XBox 360 DVD Drive Key :

http://www.ehow.com/how_5822123_chan...drive-key.html

drop in the Temp one , with key flashed to it , reconnect the IDE and Power cable for the DVD drive.

The spare dose not need to be modded , it just needs the correct key IT WILL BE RESET VIA THE UPDATE

Power on xbox and apply the update to the xbox allow it to complete.

BE SURE THE UPDATE IS FULLY COMPLEATE

Once the update is complete simply put your modded DVD drive back in to your xbox and power on update done DVD drive unharmed.

This is working for several users who are still online with there modded DVD drive , you must remove the modded DVD drive and replace with a normal DVD drive.

What we are doing here is tricking your xbox , we do indeed apply the update and your xbox is non the wiser the update has been applied and has (as far as your xbox is concerned) fully done what it intended to do , only not to your modded DVD drive.

Putting back the modded DVD drive wont tell your xbox to update again the files are installed and your modded DVD drive will work just as it did before the update.

TRUST ME THIS 100% WORKS.

TRYED AND TESTED TODAY 26/05/2011 ON 8 XBOX360'S ALL SUCSESSFULLY WORKING.

My xbox360 is not modded so the update will not affect me at all , this method works don't know if it will last but its still working to date and several people i play with and associate with are still running chipped games after the update which is still being sent out to xbox360 consoles 26/05/2011.

mgdman44012 is offline Banned -Hacks Smarty

But don't you need the update to play the new disk format?...I can not see this working you would be flagged for a ban for having the wrong drive.. I would not recommend anyone doing this...Just wait till we get a new LT Wait till C4eva tells you its ok and how to update

Quote Originally Posted by mgdman44012 View Post
    But don't you need the update to play the new disk format?...I can not see this working you would be flagged for a ban for having the wrong drive.. I would not recommend anyone doing this...Just wait till we get a new LT Wait till C4eva tells you its ok and how to update
    yes you do need the update and if you read we apply the update just not to the modded DVD drive , your modded DVD drive has all old and new disk formats installed ready get the the XGD3 disk format ready to install manualy to your drive , install them before you put the drive back in , removing the modded DVD drive and replacing it with a normal one allows us to apply the update , thus leaving modded DVD drive intact and unharmed.

update applied with normal drive , then swap back to modded DVD drive update done trust me there are people doing this now and it works.

1000 FAT PEARL WHITE CFW 5.50 GEN-D3 FULL
    1003 FAT PEARL PINK CFW 5.50 GEN-D3 FULL
    1004 FAT PIANO BLACK CFW 3.71 M33-6 / 2000 SLIM MATALIC BLUE CFW 6.39 ME-4

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Personally my drive has a sata interface...

spclyon is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default is this the only workaround

is this the only way to get around the new update i only have the one drive i have a sata dl drive that i can run the power for from another sorce but im really not sure it would even work

Quote Originally Posted by spclyon View Post
    is this the only way to get around the new update i only have the one drive i have a sata dl drive that i can run the power for from another sorce but im really not sure it would even work
    See the person who hacked your xbox , there are ways round this now he/she should be uptodate with the new ways.

1000 FAT PEARL WHITE CFW 5.50 GEN-D3 FULL
    1003 FAT PEARL PINK CFW 5.50 GEN-D3 FULL
    1004 FAT PIANO BLACK CFW 3.71 M33-6 / 2000 SLIM MATALIC BLUE CFW 6.39 ME-4

spclyon is offline -Hacks Newbie

well i can figure moast shit out just need to re-flash my drive
    had the drive swaped in afghanistain last year 2 much dust and i cant really go back just to get this fixed lol you know what i mean

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DavieMan View Post
    What we are doing here is tricking your xbox , we do indeed apply the update and your xbox is non the wiser the update has been applied and has (as far as your xbox is concerned) fully done what it intended to do , only not to your modded DVD drive.

Putting back the modded DVD drive wont tell your xbox to update again the files are installed and your modded DVD drive will work just as it did before the update.

TRUST ME THIS 100% WORKS.

TRYED AND TESTED TODAY 26/05/2011 ON 8 XBOX360'S ALL SUCSESSFULLY WORKING.
    SO, you just put in a DVD drive, for this update, without first flashing it with your KEY? The flash would fail, would it not, if you don't first flash it with OFW and your Key? Would you elaborate on that?

Not only that, thanks for the term IDE instead of SATA, because you know people that are DUMB will open it up and then ask what do do because they don't have an IDE port? This is the same reason why instructions for putting a fan or serpentine belt on your car says to make sure the motor is NOT RUNNING before installing, because you know some idiot tried it; hence the warning.

smedz28 is offline -Hacks Newbie

My apologies if this is off subject at all but I am new to this.......Just had my drive flashed the other week and when first trying to play WWE allstars I had to apply an update in order to play the game, which I did (I don't play online as yet). Since then I have discovered that although most of my games still work, there are 3 that no longer load which are COD - black ops and MW2, nail'd. I assume that even though the update in question was applied throgh the game we are talking about the same system update that would be applied online through xbox live? If so I take it I will need to flash the drive again? also for future reference I do have a spare drive, so in order to get around these updates whether it be via the game or online do I need to flash the temporay drive with the drive key in order for it to work?

ERIFNOMI is offline oops -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by smedz28 View Post
    My apologies if this is off subject at all but I am new to this.......Just had my drive flashed the other week and when first trying to play WWE allstars I had to apply an update in order to play the game, which I did (I don't play online as yet). Since then I have discovered that although most of my games still work, there are 3 that no longer load which are COD - black ops and MW2, nail'd. I assume that even though the update in question was applied throgh the game we are talking about the same system update that would be applied online through xbox live? If so I take it I will need to flash the drive again? also for future reference I do have a spare drive, so in order to get around these updates whether it be via the game or online do I need to flash the temporay drive with the drive key in order for it to work?
    This should go in the help section somewhere. Don't clutter up tutorials with your questions which may or may not be related to the tut.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast