Thread: How to burn Xbox 360 games in Linux (2 Methods)

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Default How to burn Xbox 360 games in Linux (2 Methods)

Since I prefer to use Linux over windows, I decided to learn how to write a Xbox 360 game using it.

First things first, I am not responsible for any damages done to your media, xbox 360 console, or PC. You cannot blame me or anyone who posts within this thread for getting banned off of XBL, etc.

This is a harmless and quick tutorial. So none of the above problem should occur.

The Terminal (CLI) Method:
    This method is for gnome Debian based distributions!

1. Get your iso, however it is that you get yours.

2. Open Terminal and open the folder that the iso is in.
    Here's an example is your game is in a folder on your desktop:
    Code:
    cd /home/yourpcusername/Desktop/Gamefoldername
    replace <yourpcusername> with the username you use on your PC. Change desktop to whatever directory you have your game (Documents, Downloads, etc.). Replace <Gamefoldername> with the name of the folder that the game is in.

3. To write the game, type this into the terminal that is opened to the game's directory:
    Code:
    growisofs -use-the-force-luke=dao -use-the-force-luke=break:1913760 -dvd-compat -speed=2 -Z /dev/<dvd drive>=<game.iso>
    Replace <dvd drive> and <game.iso> with your dvd drive and game name. DO NOT KEEP THE < BRACKETS, DELETE THEM when you paste in your information!!!

If you do not know your DVD drive then here's a small tutorial:
    Spoiler:
    1. Go to Places > Computer > Filesystem > DEV
    2. Press CTRL+F and search for scd. If you have more than one drive, then it will give you scd0, scd1, scd2, etc. Put the scd that you think is your DVD-DL drive into that terminal line I gave above, if it doesn't start writing, try another scd.

After you have everything typed in correctly, terminal will start writing the DVD and you will see the percentage done on the terminal.

----------------------------------------------------
    The k3b Method:
    This method is for both gnome and KDE. Any KDE distribution and any gnome distribution with k3b installed.

1.If you do not have it already, install k3b. (Ubuntu should have it in its repositories, otherwise get it from: www.k3b.org, you will need the KDE libraries, etc. installed if you are on gnome since this is a native KDE application).

2. After installing it, run k3b.

3. Go to settings > Configure k3b

4. On the left, click programs.

5. Click the user parameters tab.

6. Click growisofs (beside the word under parameters).

7. In the box next to growisofs paste: -use-the-force-luke=break:1913760

8. Click apply or ok.

9. Burn the iso file, ignore the dvd file that came with the iso.

Remember that it will use growisofs on ALL DVD-DLs you burn. So if you are burning something other than a Xbox 360 game, delete the "-use-the-force-luke=break:1913760" line from growisofs!

Note on the k3b method:
    The k3b method did not work well for me and caused me a coaster, but it works for others.

Enjoy your games!
    -Cheesetheif

Un®est®i©ted™

mizifih is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'll give it a try. Thanks for helping the comunity. I used the The Terminal (CLI) Method